• Four Winds


1490 Highway 11 S
Directions Oro-Medonte, ON L0L 2L0

  • Sales: 1 (888) 378-7118

Driver Licencing For The Province of Ontario

For our customers The Hitch House recommends that you utilize the Driver Licencing table below as a guide.  This table was taken from The Ministry of Transportation website www.mto.gov.on.ca  

Please understand that The Hitch House wants to ensure that you are properly licenced to operate your motorhome.  One item not included on the attached chart is reference to the "Z" Endorsement also known as the Air Brake Endorsement.  All Ontario residents that operate vehicles that are equipped with an air brake system must obtain an Air Brake (Z) Endorsement. 

Furthermore, The Hitch House recommends, as per the chart below, any driver of a motorhome that exceeds 11,000 kg is to obtain a Class D licence.  The Ontario Ministry of Transportation document does not make a distinction between "commercial" use and "personal" use, no matter what anyone else may tell you.

This table was modified to include the most recent licencing changes that came into effective July 1, 2011.  These changes impact owners and prospective owners of fifth wheel RVs.

***Information subject to change without notice***