Motorhome Propane Refueling
We are now a licenced propane fueling station!
The limited availability of Propane Fueling Stations in Ontario has been an ongoing frustration for Motorhome & RV enthusiasts in Ontario. In order to help increase the accessibility to propane refueling, The Hitch House has developed and implemented a Risk and Safety Management Plan (RSMP) as required under Ontario Regulation 211/01: Propane Storage and Handling. We undertook this initiative in order to become a Retail Propane Fueling Station. The Technical Standards and Safety Authority (TSSA) has granted The Hitch House an Ontario Fuels Safety Licence under the Technical Standards and Safety Act, 2000.
We will be implementing our Propane Fueling Service gradually for the safety of our staff and customers. This is a new service offering for us and we wish to ensure that we provide safe and consistent customer service. The COVID-19 restrictions and precautions, that we have implemented for the safety of our staff and customers, has placed more demand on our staff’s time.
Propane Fueling Instructions
- Due to COVID-19, please call our Parts & Accessory Department to make an appointment for fueling.
- Upon arriving at The Hitch House please enter our Main Reception and ask for our Parts & Accessory Department.
- At this time, we can only accommodate permanently mounted propane tanks – Motorhomes.
- We are not participating in portable tank exchanges or BBQ tank refills.
- Tanks must pass inspection prior to filling; those deemed unsafe (ex. damage, dents, corrosion) cannot be filled.
- Ensure all appliances and pilot lights are off.
|Hours: Monday through Friday
9:00am – 12:00pm
1:00pm - 4:30pm
|Telephone: Toll Free: 1-877-722-0638
We expect that our Propane Fueling Service accessibility will evolve and expand as our experience increases.