RV Camping Tips for Summer 2022
RV Camping Tips for Summer 2022
Posted on July 18, 2022
With Summer officially beginning, camping enthusiasts can now relax as they enjoy their hard-earned holidays. If you’re looking to camp this season but prefer the comfort of your home, getting an RV is a decision you won’t regret. However, despite its tranquillity, RV camping can be tricky, especially if you’re a new owner.
Check out our top six best RV camping tips this Summer and take your friends or family on the road trip of their dreams.
Checklists Are Your Friend
If forgetting something is already a nuisance, imagine doing it while you’re on a camping trip. To avoid this, we recommend creating a checklist before your holidays. You can also download several online RV checklists to make things easier.
Keep Extra Costs in Mind
More often than not, RV camping trips come with costs most beginner campers won’t consider, severely affecting or cutting their holiday budget. Below, you’ll find a list of the expenses most campers forget:
- Mileage difference – Since you’re travelling heavier, your mileage will be lower.
- Trailer/RV tolls – The fees for these vehicles are more significant.
- Insurance – RV insurance is more expensive than other types of auto insurance.
- Campsite costs – Plan to ensure you’re at a campsite suited to your budget.
- Extras – Electrical outlets, Wi-Fi, and other amenities can be costly.
- Repairs and maintenance – As they have a lot going on, RVs require more frequent repairs and maintenance.
- Personal bills – You should always consider your health insurance, for instance.
Practice RV Etiquette
Practising good RV etiquette is one of the best ways to enjoy a pleasant stay at a camping site. When RV camping involves, there are several rules and manners campers should be aware of:
- Back in only – Most campsites require campers to back their RV into their spot.
- Noise and light curfew – Campsites usually need campers to turn off their generators and bright lights after 10 pm.
- Space is vital – If the park is empty, give others some space.
- Ensure guests adhere to the rules – If you’re receiving guests, ensure they comply with the campsite’s rules.
Create the Perfect Campsite
Setting up your campsite becomes easier the more your camp with your RV. Take note of some of these great RV camping tips and enjoy your holidays to the fullest:
- Arrive a couple of hours before the sun sets – This way, you’ll have plenty of time to rest before setting things up.
- Give yourself space – Make sure your campsite has enough space.
- Remove awnings during windy days – A flying awning can be dangerous and may injure others.
- Remove obstructions – Watch out for rocks or twigs that can damage your vehicle or harm someone.
- Get wheel chocks – These will help you keep your vehicle secure.
Keep Sites Clean
From rubbish to wastewater, campers should always ensure their campsite is left clean and tidy before they leave. Don’t forget to pick up your trash and dispose of it properly. Also, ensure your RV’s water tanks don’t have any leaks.
Toolkits Are Always Handy
Issues can arise, even during a well-planned RV trip. Consider bringing a basic tool kit that covers most scenarios to counter this. We recommend packing a set of wrenches, a screwdriver and a wide variety of screws, a multimeter, and a cordless drill.