The Hitch House COVID-19 Update
WE ARE OPEN (no appointment required) in accordance with the Province of Ontario guidelines. We are taking precautions for the safety of our staff and you, our customer. Please be aware that we continue to bring back our staff in stages for their safety and the safety of others. We have implemented changes to our dealership’s facility and procedures for our mutual protection:
Screening: The entrance to our main reception and service reception will remain locked and a staff member will ask you a series of questions before you can enter the building(s).
Protective Barriers: We have installed Lexan protective barriers when closer one on one interactions are required. These screens are found at the following locations:
- Main Reception
- Service Reception
- Parts Counter
- All Sales Desks
- Business Office
Masks: We respectfully request that you wear a mask when entering our facilities. If you do not have a mask we can provide you with a disposable one.
Protective Gloves & Hand Sanitizer: When entering our facilities we will have hand sanitizer and protective gloves available. We insist that you make use of either one or the other or both if you like. If your appointment is to view motorhomes then we require protective gloves to be worn.
Disinfectant: Our staff will be disinfecting common areas regularly and after observed use.
Showroom: We have received verification that our showroom is permitted to be open; for the safety of our staff and customers we are required to follow specific guidelines for showing motorhomes. Our motorhomes will remain locked and opened for specific viewing purposes.
- Is now open Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 4:30pm
- We respectfully request that you submit your repair requests by email, text or phone prior to your appointment.
- When arriving at the Hitch House Service Dept. an employee will direct you to where you will park your motorhome.
- We require the motorhome to be parked for 3 days before one our technicians can enter your coach.
- Your Service Writer will complete and review your work order with you at Service Reception.
- We apologize that our Service Lounge will remain closed until further notice.
COVID-19 Employee Handbook: Under the guidance of HR Performance & Results Inc., we have developed and implemented an COVID-19 Employee Handbook in order to provide important training and information to all of our team members regarding safety procedures, protocols and responsibilities as they relate to COVID-19.
You can Continue to Reach Us by:
- Calling 705-722-0008 or toll free at 1-877-722-0638 during regular business hours.
- We can also be reached via email and/or text.
- Please visit thehitchhouse.com for a list of our email addresses and access to the “text” feature on our website.
- We will do our best to respond to emails, and text messages as quickly as possible.
- All inventory requests will be responded to as per usual.
What You Can Do:
- Follow the advice of our Provincial and Federal Governments and Health Care professionals.
- Maintain Social Distancing of 2 metres or 6 feet when interacting with others.
- Wash your hands regularly and thoroughly.
- If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms; if you have travelled outside of Canada (including the US) in the last 14 days; or If you know or suspect you have been in close contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 please isolate yourself.
- Avoid touching your face including your mouth, nose and eyes.
- If you need to sneeze or cough please do so into your elbow.
If Returning from the US:
- Isolate yourself for 14 days – no exceptions!
- Do not go grocery shopping.
- Do not interact with others.
- For supplies, contact a friend or family member by phone, email or text and have them shop for you.
- Have them drop your supplies off outside your home. Do not take the products directly from them.
Together, as a community, we will get through this. Please apply and promote the guidelines that have been provided to us by our Provincial and Federal Governments and Health Care workers.
Stay safe and God Bless
President & Co-Owner
The Hitch House